One of the time consuming and expensive operations when welding pipes, is the purging. To ensure that no oxidation occurs on the inside of the pipes mostly a purging with gas is made. This fills the pipe with gas and the pipe is continuously flushed during welding. Imagine that you could just apply gas where the welding takes place, and that the gas inside the pipe follows the torch on the outside of the pipe. Sounds impossible, but it is not thanks to WeldingDroids patented Purgemaster system.
- Through the utilization of strong magnets, the Purgemaster always follows the torch.
- Due to the 360° wheels the Purgemaster can be slid sideways and through elbows.
- No need for attaching wires or similar tools to the Purgemaster. Simply slide it out when you are finished welding.
- Through different inserts we cover any available size of pipe.
- The gas consumption is reduced by 90 – 95% depending on diameter and length of pipe.
- Avoid long flush times and uncertainty of the ppm level during the weld.
- WeldingDroid offers a complete package ready to use for pipe applications.
- When welding tanks (horizontal welding) reduce the staff involved to only the welder.
- No need for trailing with a manually operated gas cup on the inside.
- For tank welding WeldingDroid has developed an armrest making the procedure not only faster, but also more comfortable for the welder.
Read more in our sales material